Thursday, January 17, 2008

Therapizing myself...

This week was tough. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, but I think my family hit the change in schedule and my lack of availability like a brick wall. I also realized that the true introvert that I am is in need of alone time. It is important to know where you draw your energy. I dragged through this week like a slug. I had a difficult time accomplishing tasks, and couldn't focus. What is my answer to this dilemma? Well, I self-prescribed the symptom. I am going to give in to my desire to be a hermit. Today. I am going to read, write, watch TV, and whatever comes along without planning. I wore sweats today. I prepared myself for time alone. I even decided not to put myself in group situations (other than class, which I left promptly after).

I emphasized the word Today, because that is how long I am giving myself. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow is the be organized and be productive green light. I am gathering energy and gaining momentum today. Tomorrow I will wake up with renewed strength and focus.

Tomorrow I will follow the advice of the wise sage Yoda. I will not try, I will do.

No comments: